Midwinters and NAs

505 American Section Webmaster

Feb 7, 2022, 5:24:23 PM2/7/22
to 505 WC Group, 505 NA Group, 505-usa-region-one, 505 EC Group, 505 Northwest
Everyone -

First, sorry - my Instagram comment about Germans not needing their red drysuits at Midwinters has apparently caused the polar vortex to move into threatening positions. Whoops. Maybe pack your red drysuit.

Second, if you haven't joined the Class since Jan 1, you need to do so in order to sail Midwinters and/or NAs. Everyone on the boat. Start here

Third, Mike Zani is going to do the handicap odds for these next 2 events. Mine for 2021 NAs were too accurate and it freaked some people out.

Fourth, to reiterate Ethan's email this morning, only boats that did not do 2021 NAs or have made significant changes since then will get weighed in Clearwater. New sails will get measured, previously-measured and stamped sails just get their stamps checked.

The Class has bought 2 GoPros, which will be assigned to boats daily during racing and practice. We have a variety of mounts and stuff, and a lot of you already have mounts on your boats. This is optional, you can opt out, but where's the fun in that? Be a star.

Register if you haven't.

See you there.