Getting to 505 ECCs in Kingston Ontario (Crossing the Border into Canada)

Alexander Meller

Jul 24, 2022, 12:09:10 PM7/24/22
to 505-usa-e...@googlegroups.com, 505-usa-region-one, 505-usa-r...@googlegroups.com, 505-nort...@googlegroups.com
All,

If you are planning to race the ECCs in Kingston Ontario August 19-21, please check a couple of Canadian Government web pages for requirements.  You need to download the ArriveCAN app onto your mobile phone, and answer the questions posed by the app.

i have crossed the border multiple times in the past couple of years and it is quite straightforward IF YOU HAVE THE APP ON YOUR PHONE, ANSWERED THE QUESTIONS AND SUBMITTED IT AHEAD OF TIME. I find it faster than it used to be for me, since the Canadian Border Services Agent already has answers to most of the questions they would have asked me.
Apparently despite all the signage in the US on the way to the border and at the border, something like 30% of people crossing into Canada have not filled out and submitted using the ArriveCAN app which causes delays for them at the border.

The requirements have changed and are subject to change, so it is a good idea to check these websites now, and then check them again a few days before you drive up.

Ali
--
Alexander "Ali" Meller