We're getting closer!

The Beez

Aug 26, 2021, 12:56:25 PM8/26/21
to 4tH-compiler
Hi 4tH-ers!

I've just released the full MS-DOS version of 4tH v3.64.0. I've also created the Windows executables - and the packager is running under Wine (at least it seems to work fine), so with a bit of luck this important one will come out as well one of these days.

That leaves us with the Ben Nanonote, Coherent and Android versions. But once the Windows version is up I'll consider it "officially released". Of course, the other versions will be released as well, but it just means I'll be making the proper announcements.

BTW, I'd lik to ask you something: do you think uBasic/4tH deserves its own release? It's pretty complete now. Of course, I'd not like to work with it on an 8088 machine, but how many of that are still around?

Lemme know what you think!

Hans Bezemer

Ron K. Jeffries

Aug 29, 2021, 3:50:42 PM8/29/21
to 4th-co...@googlegroups.com
It would be fascinating to see some data, even if incomplete, on which of the platforms you continue to support have at a minimum downloaded a recent version.

Ben Nanonote is no longer a platform with significant user base. I would be amazed if yu have ANT active 4tH users running that cute little machine. It's long gone.
---
Ron K. Jeffries

The Beez

Aug 30, 2021, 3:48:35 AM8/30/21
to 4tH-compiler
Hi Ron!

- The frontrunners are the generic Unix source release and the Windows installer;
- In the middle you find Intel Linux releases, Android, Raspi and MS-DOS;
- At the bottom you'll find Coherent and Ben Nanonote.

Coherent is the biggest PITA, since it only seems to work with an old version of QEMU.
Since BN is a VM with the GCC compiler installed, it's not too much of a problem so far.
I WAS investigating an AtariST version when the thing crashed.

HB

The Beez

Sep 15, 2021, 10:08:43 AM9/15/21
to 4tH-compiler
You may have thought I forgot - but I didn't. I've just installed 4tH on a true Windows machine and it worked like a charm. So, it was released at Sourceforge.

Hans Bezemer