TTESTER reinstated

The Beez

Jun 4, 2021, 3:14:50 AM6/4/21
to 4tH-compiler
Hi 4tH-ers!

It's good to browse your code every now and then. A while ago I noticed that I'd really butchered "ttester.4th". It's a testsuite which is often used in Forth circles - and hence quite useful if you quickly want to test your compliance.

Obviously, in the past I'd taken the path to convert as quickly as possible to get some job done - and in that condition it has served me well over the years. However, all code concerning single stack FP was completely removed. In hindsight - without reason.

But I quickly found out WHY. I simply had no way to test it. So, in order to remedy that I added some random FATAN2 test - which is also featured in Zen float.

I restored the code from a listing on the Internet: http://www.forth200x.org/tests/ttester.fs
They had fixed another thingy,. which accounted for murky code. For some stupid reason someone had insisted to size TWO arrays in hex and splattered HEX and DECIMAL directives all over the place.

In this version, that was gone - and I thought that was a good idea to fix that as well.

In short, Zen float support worked first time - and now the code is added to SVN. The fun part is that changes required (in comparison to the Forth code) are minimal - so it should be quite robust.

The example program "atantest" is preprocessor code. It just solves some problems with ANS code quickly and transparently - and that's exactly why it was created, so why not use it.

Hans Bezemer