BINARY

The Beez

Feb 16, 2024, 11:47:28 AMFeb 16
to 4tH-compiler
Hi 4tH-ers!

I just added the built-in BINARY word. It is in the same league as DECIMAL and HEX. I was recently adding a minor lib and I innocently wrote "binary" - and sure, it refused to compile. So I quickly figured out what was the problem. Well, BINARY was lacking.

I vaguely remembered why - because it is a long, long while back. Almost no Forth supported it and I figured I could do "2 BASE !" anyway. But now I found it was kind of absurd this one was lacking.

It took only a single line in the compiler - and a handful of programs to fix it there. Because now, a word like ": BINARY 2 BASE !" would bomb. I found it in some places and frankly a few of them would have been fine without the change.

So, here it is. We got BINARY, enjoy! Code in SVN.

Hans Bezemer