Importing Into Form

Mikey

Dec 7, 2008, 2:45:38 PM12/7/08
to 4D iNug Tech, 4D Tech GoogleGroups
I must be having a complete brainfart.

I have some extremely complicated forms that I'm trying to imitate in
the forms editor. I have .doc and .pdf versions. I can't seem to use
4D Draw or Chart to import the converted versions of these forms. I
can't even copy/paste simple things like the images that are embedded
in the .doc version, even after exporting them into various other
formats to see if that was the problem. For example, copy/paste
results in an empty square. Flattening the image, merging layers,
etc. doesn't help.

So, short of hand-drawing this monster (and 24 others like it), what
has everybody else worked out? I could swear that the last time I
tried to do this it worked, but that was at least three years ago.

Mikey

Dec 7, 2008, 2:57:10 PM12/7/08
to 4D iNug Tech, 4D Tech GoogleGroups
Just to answer the first question that might be asked, yes I can paste
any and/or all of the things I'm trying to bring over into other
applications.

The test was Gimp->Open Office Word Processor. 4D Shows the clipboard
as empty. This is an RGB image (in one of the tests I'm trying)

I'm using 2k4.2.

m. alam

Dec 8, 2008, 4:04:43 PM12/8/08
to 4D-Tech
Instead of hoping things work, you had best try and control the
process. Convert the PDF to a more standard image format, like GIF and
then try to paste it. If you're on the Mac, then for v2004 and before,
the native graphic format is PICT, and so you'll need a good tool that
can do that.

Mikey

Dec 8, 2008, 4:06:14 PM12/8/08
to 4D-...@googlegroups.com
I've tried converting to BMP (I'm on Windoze) and copying/pasting, but
no joy. Other ideas?