Trying to to send phone numbers from 4D to a Panasonic Phone system with TAPI ??

Tom

Nov 10, 2010, 1:15:16 PM11/10/10
to 4D-Tech
Does anyone know how I can get the 4D-TAPI plugin off the
4Dresources.com sight. Apparently the sight is no longer functioning
for downloads but I see on the sight a TAPI plug in for telephone
communication with 4D that looks like what I need.

I would like to code 4D to send the phone number to call & the
extension number to an "execute on server" command. The Windows 2008
4D server would talk to our Panasonic phone system through an IP
address. 4D would relay the phone number and extension to the
Panasonic TAPI software. The Panasonic system would open up a line on
that extension and dial the number. Sounds kinda Simple form the 4D
side but this TAPI software looks like a nightmare.

I am not at all familiar with TAPI and do not know how to get 4D to
work with it.

I have the TAPI software but it looks out of my league.

Any ideas?