Accounting Integration

Mike Kerner

Jan 21, 2011, 4:22:20 PM1/21/11
to 4D iNug Technical, 4D Tech GoogleGroups
OK, so what do we have for 4D-> Accounting integration?  There used to be a QB module somewhere.  Anybody doing anything else currently?

Jim Hays

Jan 21, 2011, 4:38:08 PM1/21/11
to 4d-...@googlegroups.com
We found the primary connection customers want from our private equity
vertical market app is a push of our data to their own accounting
system. We didn't want to re-invent the wheel or compete with top
accounting software companies. So we decided some years ago just to
export transactions in a suitable format. It's easy to accommodate
different systems that way. I expect we could update to a web service
connection for some of these at this point. We send data to
Quickbooks, Peachtree, Solomon, Flex, and one or two Asian packages.

You might look for an existing popular package that supports SOAP or
other communications.

Jim

Craig Drown

Jan 24, 2011, 11:41:04 PM1/24/11
to 4d-...@googlegroups.com
Hi
On 22 Jan 2011, at 9:15 PM, 4d-tech...@googlegroups.com wrote:

    OK, so what do we have for 4D-> Accounting integration? There used to be a
    QB module somewhere. Anybody doing anything else currently?

    We sell a 4D component that integrates with the command line interface for Moneyworks
    Moneyworks is the best accounting software we know of - cross-platform Mac/Win, single or multi-user. Beautiful interface, a report writer that put's 4D's quick report editor to shame.

    Marketed throughout the West and some parts of Asia.

    The component isn't on our Web site yet, so email me directly if interested.

    Cheers,
    Craig
    Sustainable Solutions
    Kathmandu, Nepal & Auckland, New Zealand