Butch Nichols

nicho...@bellsouth.net

May 2, 2006, 3:10:10 PM5/2/06
to 45th-Finan...@googlegroups.com
I was in the 45th Finance from April 1965 until March 1967. When I got to K-town I was in the Military Pay section headed up by a guy named Sgt. Bloom. At least I think that was his name. My wife, Sandie, came to Germany in December 1965. I lived off post from that time on. Larry Vaughn and I arrived at the 45th at the same time, we went to school at Ft. Ben together and shipped out together. There were some other people with us and some of them went to Premsans, 45ths other office. After I made Sp5, they broke the big pay section into 2 smaller sections. My section had John Cantwell, Charles Burnside, Gary Crutchfield, Danny Wheeler and me. There may have been one more but I can't put a name to him. Wheeler vol for Viet Nam and we got Pete A. Delafono, also not spelled correctly.

Here are some other names from the Military Pay section; Phil Olenic, Carl Cetera, Robert Jones, Robbie Roberts, Thomas Cooladge, Bob Cruchel, Bill Demoss, Bob Sutter, Skipper Alfuldy, David Tresanta, and Mike Maldro.

An end note to my military career, I left the 45th and went to Ft Campbell, KY post finance. I got promoted to SFC E6. Post finance had no place for another E6 so they sent me to the Comptrollers office where I was put in charge of the office. We had a Full Col, a 2nd Lt, a driver and Me,  the rest of the office were civilians. I stayed there until I got out in Dec 1970.

Sandie and I now live in Jacksonville Fl. I still work for the railroad. I am in contact with Larry Vaughn and John Cantwell and would like to talk to or see others. There were others at the 45th I would like to hear from also.