Preschool bag-handle reminder hack

Joe Ganley

Jan 31, 2005, 8:21:32 PM1/31/05
to 43Fo...@googlegroups.com
I picked up a great hack from my daughter's preschool teachers. When
they need to send an important note home, they wrap it around the
handle of her bag and staple it to itself. I now use this a lot -- for
example, I attach a note to the handle of my briefcase to remind of of
something I need to do or bring with me. I also attach notes in the
same way to the steering wheel of my car to remind me of things that
need to be done or brought the next time I go out. I find this much
more effective than what I used to do -- leaving a note to myself on my
coffee maker -- because I have to see it right before I leave.

mls_esq

Feb 5, 2005, 2:04:28 PM2/5/05
to 43Fo...@googlegroups.com
Joe Ganley wrote:

> I also attach notes in the same way to the steering wheel
> of my car to remind me of things that need to be done or
> brought the next time I go out.

I leave notes to myself on my steering wheel. Super-sticky Post-Its
work very well for this -- I keep a pad in my car, and a pen in my
pocket.

Elizabeth Funderburk

Feb 6, 2005, 12:17:18 AM2/6/05
to 43Fo...@googlegroups.com
If I really really can't afford to forget something when I leave the
house in the morning, I'll attach it to my keys, or put my keys
directly underneath the Important Thing.

Back to lurking and learning!

-Elizabeth

Bryan Ewbank

Feb 6, 2005, 2:34:53 PM2/6/05
to 43Fo...@googlegroups.com
A friend suggested this to me as a way to remember to take meds every
morning. Just leave them on top of my wallet or Palm T3. If the meds
are still there, then I haven't taken them.

- Bryan

TB

Feb 7, 2005, 1:11:16 AM2/7/05
to 43Fo...@googlegroups.com
If you absolutely must be reminded of something over and over, write a
note to yourself in dry-erase marker on the top of the toilet tank.

TB

Bryan Ewbank

Feb 7, 2005, 2:55:37 AM2/7/05
to 43Fo...@googlegroups.com
I think perhaps this is for the guys in the audience P-). I'm sure my
wife would not see that note very often.

Joy

Feb 7, 2005, 8:59:41 AM2/7/05
to 43Fo...@googlegroups.com
I think one of the little 7-day plastic holders for meds works better.
When the day is empty, you know you've taken your meds. And no chance
of them falling onto the floor and getting lost.

Of course, one has to remember to *fill* the container. A good weekly
'next action.'

-Joy

Michael O'Henly

Feb 7, 2005, 9:43:19 AM2/7/05
to 43Fo...@googlegroups.com
And, for a fraction of the cost of a med planner, you can buy a
nuts-and-bolts organizer at Home Depot ($1.98) that does pretty much the
same thing.

M.
--
Michael O'Henly

Benjaloo

Feb 7, 2005, 12:15:55 PM2/7/05
to 43Fo...@googlegroups.com
I find it easier to remember to fill it right away after taking the
last dose--the trigger is built-in, rather than needing another
reminder.

and for those of us who have trouble remembering to take the pills,
another way to remember it is to rubber band the case to your
toothbrush or something else you reliably do daily or twice a day or
whatever.