Hour-Long Anne Lamott Interview

Anthony Baker

Apr 20, 2005, 12:14:12 AM4/20/05
to 43Fo...@googlegroups.com
Hey Folks,

I have just finished recording (in digital) the one-hour Anne Lamott
interview on City Arts and Lectures. I downloaded Audio Hijack for the
Mac and it worked perfectly. Great app for 16 bucks.

Anyhow, the source file is AIFF (604MB in size), and I had it
automatically converted to AAC for iTunes (that file is only 55MB).
Would love to post it, but need to do so in MP3 or some other small,
usable format.

Anyone know of any freeware apps for Mac OS X that would allow me to
convert an AIFF file to MP3? Can an AAC file (.m4a format) be uploaded
on its own? Can it be converted to an MP3 file itself?

If someone can let me know the answers to these questions, I'll convert
the sucker and make it available to everyone on the list tomorrow.

/Anthony

Steve Ivy

Apr 20, 2005, 12:16:13 AM4/20/05
to 43Fo...@googlegroups.com
iTunes.

Import into itunes, then Advanced > Convert Selection to MP3.

--Steve
--
Steve Ivy
http://redmonk.net

Peter Lindberg

Apr 20, 2005, 12:35:07 AM4/20/05
to 43Fo...@googlegroups.com
Anthony Baker wrote:
> Anyhow, the source file is AIFF (604MB in size), and I had it
> automatically converted to AAC for iTunes (that file is only 55MB).
> Would love to post it, but need to do so in MP3 or some other small,
> usable format.

AAC files are actually smaller than MP3 in the default settings in
iTunes. You’ll have to go into Preferences > Importing and select a
lower bit rate in the Custom settings.

Myself, I prefer AAC and rip my audio using Audio Hijack Pro as 48 kbps
mono, bookmarkable.

But MP3 is probably accessible to more people on the list, so I suggest
you use the following custom settings for MP3:

Stereo Bit Rate: 96 kbps
Use Variable Bit Rate Encoding (VBR)
Quality: Low
Channels: Mono

Then do an Advanced > Convert Selection to MP3 again on the AIFF file.

Hope this helps,

/P.
--
Peter Lindberg
Software designer & developer

tom.fl...@gmail.com

May 18, 2005, 6:23:50 PM5/18/05
to 43Fo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

is the interview available for download somewhere?

Cheers,
Tom

Jacques & Tosha Perreault

May 22, 2005, 10:59:54 AM5/22/05
to 43Fo...@googlegroups.com
I placed it my public iDisk folder, I'll leave it there for a bit..

jacques_tosha

Jacques