Filing Cabinets - Bankers Box's (Flickr)

ret...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2005, 4:22:10 AM4/25/05
to 43Fo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Anyone in the UK know where I can get one of these?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jazzmasterson/1895715/in/set-48077/

Seems to be the cheapest and neatest way for my implementation of GTD,
have phones around a lot of places but no luck as yet.

Cheers,
/R

BigNosed UglyGuy

Apr 25, 2005, 7:08:53 AM4/25/05
to 43Fo...@googlegroups.com

jameshamilton

Apr 25, 2005, 12:52:07 PM4/25/05
to 43Fo...@googlegroups.com
Hi - in fairness to Bignosed, none of what's on offer is really the
same as jazzmasterson's bankers boxes.I'm in the UK too, and I've just
had the same problem - and I can add Viking to the list of suppliers
in the UK that DON'T supply banker's boxes. For now, I'm making do with
normal storage boxes. But in the long term, I'll be buying a secondhand
filing cabinet from Ebay. Alternatively, does anyone know a US supplier
that's happy to ship overseas?

ret...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2005, 1:26:36 PM4/25/05
to 43Fo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks BNUG, as james mentioned, we're specifically looking for drawer
boxes, lot of firms seem to do standard boxes but those are a pain to
use whilst stacked and hence are space inefficient.

Closes I have found is this:
http://www.pressel.com/group.whtml?v_country=XX&v_lang=EN&v_curr=EUR&cart=050425-171618-776359&v_gr1=1&v_gr1_id=1000001&v_gr2=2&v_gr2_id=2000002&v_gr3=14&v_gr3_id=3000027

They deliver to UK but the boxes dont look as great as jassmastersons
(I have mailed him to ask where he buys them, and if any sources online
do them).

Will let you know .

BigNosed UglyGuy

Apr 26, 2005, 5:32:18 AM4/26/05
to 43Fo...@googlegroups.com
Retro/James

As I hate being wrong as much as the next bloke, how about these from
a UK based next day supplier (note: prices net VAT):

http://snipurl.com/e8zj
http://snipurl.com/e8zk
http://snipurl.com/e8zm

ret...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2005, 11:49:37 AM4/26/05
to 43Fo...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic, thanks, Im ordering the 2nd link !

BigNosed UglyGuy

May 3, 2005, 7:19:10 AM5/3/05
to 43Fo...@googlegroups.com
Glad I could redeem myself! I went a different route for a different
reason - more of which I'll post on when I'm on my home box.

On 4/26/05, ret...@gmail.com <ret...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Fantastic, thanks, Im ordering the 2nd link !

BigNosed UglyGuy

May 4, 2005, 7:16:13 PM5/4/05
to 43Fo...@googlegroups.com
As mentioned previously, I have now posted about my 'emigration-proof'
archive and reference filing solution on my blog. It may be of
interest to those who, like me, may have need of a robust,
transportable filing solution at some point.

http://www.bignoseduglyguy.com/2005/05/few-more-than-43-folders.html

HTH others.

On 5/3/05, BigNosed UglyGuy <bignose...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Glad I could redeem myself! I went a different route for a different
> reason - more of which I'll post on when I'm on my home box.

Tom Reinhart

May 5, 2005, 12:48:36 AM5/5/05
to 43Fo...@googlegroups.com
On 5/4/05, BigNosed UglyGuy <bignose...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As mentioned previously, I have now posted about my 'emigration-proof'
> archive and reference filing solution on my blog. It may be of
> interest to those who, like me, may have need of a robust,
> transportable filing solution at some point.
>
> http://www.bignoseduglyguy.com/2005/05/few-more-than-43-folders.html

Hey, those boxes look especially durable. Nice find.

Sincerely,

Tom Reinhart
t...@alltom.com
http://AllTom.com/