Re: [3dprintertipstricksreviews] Abridged summary of 3dprintertipstricksreviews@googlegroups.com - 17 updates in 5 topics

Tim Hawkins

Jan 22, 2019, 6:54:38 AM1/22/19
to 3dprintertips...@googlegroups.com
I will look at them tomorrow, i have spent the whole day today at the hospital, my cold is a bit more serious than i thought.

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019, 19:47 <3dprintertips...@googlegroups.com wrote:
Kurt at VR-FX <vr...@optonline.net>: Jan 21 09:03PM -0800

This SPAMMING User has been Removed from the Forum - and this Topic was
deleted.

Kurt - Dragon-Meister and Forum Super-Admin!
...more
Febtop - Support <sup...@febtop.com>: Jan 21 07:37PM -0800

Get 10% discount on the Filament

for more information visit now www.febtop.com

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 3:01:22 PM UTC+8, Petr Ptacek wrote:
...more
Support <sup...@febtop.com>: Jan 22 03:37AM

Dear 3dprintertipstricksreviews, We have received your message and a ticket has been created. Our team will be reviewing your message and we'll be touch with you soon. To view the status of the ...more
Kurt Wendt <vr...@optonline.net>: Jan 21 07:42PM -0800

SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Jan 21, 2019 7:37 PM, Support <sup...@febtop.com> wrote:

Dear 3dprintertipstricksreviews,

We have received your message and a ticket has been created.
...more
Support <sup...@febtop.com>: Jan 22 03:37AM

Hi 3dprintertipstricksreviews, A new FEBTOP account has been created for you. Click the url below to activate your account and select a password! ...more
Kurt Wendt <vr...@optonline.net>: Jan 21 07:41PM -0800

SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Jan 21, 2019 7:37 PM, Support <sup...@febtop.com> wrote:

Hi 3dprintertipstricksreviews,

A new FEBTOP account has been created for you.

Click the url below to ...more
tray <trayr...@gmail.com>: Jan 21 04:24AM -0800

Just ran across this nugget in the tech data sheet for 3M 468MP adhesive
transfer film:

*Use reagent grade solvents since common household materials like rubbing
alcohol frequently contain ...more
Mark Napier <napie...@gmail.com>: Jan 21 08:39AM -0500

I used brake cleaner on my aluminum heat spreader. Then rubbed with a
clean cloth until I couldn't see any more residue.

FWIW.

...more
Rich Webb <ml...@rawebb.net>: Jan 21 10:35AM -0800

I'd check the label ingredients. Something sold as rubbing alcohol may very
well have additives. The 91% IPA from the drugstore probably doesn't but
check the label (Kroger brand: 91% isopropyl ...more
RanchRifle <mdd...@gmail.com>: Jan 21 12:39PM -0800

Am I the only one who read this and wondered why people would clean their
print bed with beer?

On Monday, 21 January 2019 05:24:54 UTC-7, tray wrote:
...more
Kurt at VR-FX <vr...@optonline.net>: Jan 21 01:13PM -0800

At 1st - I was like - What the Hell U talking about. And, I re-read the
replies below. But, then it dawned on me - you meant the Subject line.
And, I think, yeah - I was originally thinking maybe ...more
the_digital_dentist <mark.r...@gmail.com>: Jan 21 01:28PM -0800

I've never seen IPA with any additives, but they put stuff like lanolin and
glycerin in acetone nail polish remover. Back when I was using Kapton on
the printer beds at the makerspace I had to ...more
tray <trayr...@gmail.com>: Jan 21 02:12PM -0800

>why people would clean their print bed with beer?

Heh. Funny you mention that. There's been a recent spate of people claiming
sugar water as the bee's knees for print adhesion. ...more
Gary Crowell <garyacr...@gmail.com>: Jan 21 07:16PM -0700

This is a warning I've repeated since the '60's when people used rubbing
alcohol to clean tape heads, again in the '70's and '80's when people used
it to clean floppy disk heads. Hmmm, I can't ...more
Kurt at VR-FX <vr...@optonline.net>: Jan 21 06:36PM -0800

Actually - its funny you mentioned that - since VERY Recently posted
into the "Other" forum a posting with this subject line: /*Sugar on your
Bed???*/

And this was the Msg:
...more
Kurt at VR-FX <vr...@optonline.net>: Jan 21 02:11PM -0800

Hey there Huge,

Thanks again for your compliments on my chair prototype.

I just wanted to do a quick follow-up to this thread. You see,
communications with that client had dropped after I ...more
tray <trayr...@gmail.com>: Jan 21 02:22PM -0800

As long as you were paid before they ran out of money. Plus, they might be
good for references or spreading your name around.

...more

Brandon A.

Jan 22, 2019, 2:50:52 PM1/22/19
to 3D Printer Tips, Tricks and Reviews
Reply-all alert!

Tim must be Canadian, replying to a notification bot.  ;]

Wishing you a speedy recovery from your "cold".