What is a good printer for $1000 and under which can print one foot by one foot by one foot?

Noob Cavoli

Dec 20, 2018, 6:32:21 AM12/20/18
to 3D Printer Tips, Tricks and Reviews
What is a good printer for $1000 and under which can print one foot by one foot by one foot?

Timothy Zalusky

Dec 20, 2018, 9:57:26 AM12/20/18
to 3D Printer Tips, Tricks and Reviews
I've heard good things bout the Folgertech FT-5: https://folgertech.com/products/folger-tech-ft-5-large-scale-3d-printer-kit

Mark Napier

Dec 20, 2018, 10:28:35 AM12/20/18
to 3dprintertips...@googlegroups.com
Good, big, cheap?  Pick two...

There is the Tronxy X5S.  "3D Printed Life" did a couple of youtube videos on this printer, some upgrades.  Seemed to think it was great for the price.

Owen Collins

Dec 20, 2018, 11:35:48 AM12/20/18
to 3dprintertips...@googlegroups.com
What if it was good, big and reliable?

But yeah good and cheap is easier if it doesn’t have to be big.

Sent from my iPhone

Edward Simpson

Dec 20, 2018, 12:43:48 PM12/20/18
to 3D Printer Tips, Tricks and Reviews
Well, if it's cost and that kind of build volume you're after, I'd look at the CR-10 or 10S, solidly built and have fairly decent print-quality for around $750 depending on where you buy them, that leaves some budget to get a decent supply of filament and some basic tools, even a couple of spare parts if you feel the need.

Lee

Dec 20, 2018, 2:17:54 PM12/20/18
to 3dprintertips...@googlegroups.com
I have this, throw in a duet wifi , e3d v6 and s bondtech bmg and you are rocking a very nice machine

Fozzie

Jan 4, 2019, 9:50:28 AM1/4/19
to 3D Printer Tips, Tricks and Reviews
The CR-10S Pro is out now and looks like a VERY nice machine. It essentially has all the upgrades I have made to my CR-10S built-in, plus some. And I've seen it for $650 at most places.

Ray Price

Jan 4, 2019, 12:08:48 PM1/4/19
to 3dprintertips...@googlegroups.com
Arrrgghhh.  Looking for a 3rd printer, and currently have my sights set on the Railcore II kit.  Technically I don't need the Railcore precision / capability, but it is a pretty sweet configuration.  Now this comes along for about half the price.  decisions decisions...  Railcore still has the speed advantage I think, and it's bed leveling is true bed leveling (3 steppers micro adjust based on BLTouch feedback).

Steven Butterfield

Jan 4, 2019, 1:27:41 PM1/4/19
to 3D Printer Tips, Tricks and Reviews
If I wasn't finishing up my printer I would have gone for the railcore. Having the extra speed and high quality prints is worth the extra money for me. Just my 2 cents.