BEGINNER HELP - DA Vinci 3in1

Nicholas Muller

Mar 3, 2019, 9:41:27 AM3/3/19
to 3D Printer Tips, Tricks and Reviews
Hi Lads and lasses

Could anyone assist me. My dad gave me his Da Vinci 3in1 printer and asked me to figure it out. I do insurance so I dont know much of the 3d priting world.

I've set up the printer and I've calibrated the level. I have filament, but this is where I'm stuck. I've downloaded XYZSuitemaker which is the program to import or make designs. So far ive downloaded a small design which I would like to use for a test run. Untimely i would like to use the printer to print building designs for clientele. Could anyone assist me with a step by step guide on how this damn thing works?? So far I understand that I should lay some or other kind of paper which the printer should print on. Don't have that and what is it even called? The ones I saw on YouTube were blue.

Please see what you can help with

Thanks

Kurt at VR-FX

Mar 3, 2019, 2:11:18 PM3/3/19
to 3dprintertips...@googlegroups.com

Nicholas,

I had to be a total PITA - but, I recently posted to this forum that its going to be shut down soon. As such, I was hoping people would NOT be posting new threads.

I will - however, give you a little input here on your issues - and others may also respond. But, in the end, I would much rather you repost your question at this other related Google forum - where I am trying to get people to move over to:

            https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/3d-printing-tips--tricks

If you wanted to know WHY this is being shut down - read this other thread I recently posted:

        Forum Under New Management!

So - in regards to your problems...

On 3/3/2019 6:41 AM, Nicholas Muller wrote:
Hi Lads and lasses
Could anyone assist me. My dad gave me his Da Vinci 3in1 printer and asked me to figure it out. I do insurance so I dont know much of the 3d priting world.

You're 1st problem - is the Brand of the Printer. Most folks here will say Da Vincis sucks! However, you didn't choose it, it was tossed on your lap. So - we will give you a "free hall pass" on that one!

That being said...

I've set up the printer and I've calibrated the level. I have filament, but this is where I'm stuck. I've downloaded XYZSuitemaker which is the program to import or make designs. So far ive downloaded a small design which I would like to use for a test run. Untimely i would like to use the printer to print building designs for clientele.

Building designs? I though you were in Insurance?!?! What does ins. have to do with buildings for clients? Just curious!

Another problem with your printer - is its based upon Chipped filament - which means it has a computer chip in the cartridge to track usage. And, that you are locked into THEIR Filament for your printer. A bit of a Bummer - and a high cost overhead!

Could anyone assist me with a step by step guide on how this damn thing works??

OK - here's a Q you probably should not ask. No way is anyone here going to give you a step-by-step guide on how to run the printer. That just ain't gonna happen.

My suggestion - search the Web for Da Vinci info on that printer. There should be a User Guide you can download from the XYZ - the maker of the printer. Also - you should Seriously search YouTube for the Da Vinci - as that's probably your best option!

So far I understand that I should lay some or other kind of paper which the printer should print on. Don't have that and what is it even called? The ones I saw on YouTube were blue.

What is the build plate that you print on? Is it Glass? If so - then get some Auquanet to spray on it. That is THE GO TO solution by most people. If you do NOT have a Glass build plate - and you really WANT to try the Blue stuff - its basically Blue Painters Tape!

Please see what you can help with

Good luck on your mission!

FYI - yeah - I'm the new forum Admin!

-K-