Upside down printer with some nice design elements

Ryan Carlyle

Aug 6, 2021, 10:46:50 AM8/6/21
to 3DP Ideas
This one got some traffic on a couple 3d printing social groups lately.
I like the heatbed (window heat trace elements) and bed mount, although I worry about the amount of current on a spring-contact.

Ryan Carlyle

Aug 6, 2021, 10:52:56 AM8/6/21
to 3DP Ideas
I've been thinking about a right-angle hot end for a long time. It's nice to see somebody actually implement one and seemingly get good results out of it.

Capture.JPG

Whosawhatsis

Aug 6, 2021, 3:28:45 PM8/6/21
to 3DP Ideas, Ryan Carlyle
My favorite part was the 90-degree-angle hot end. I've wanted something like that forever to get rid of all the extra headroom that printers normally require for the filament path. Opening up new kinematic models, like the one this printer uses, is a bonus, too.

Of course, the downside is that you'll never be able to cold pull it.

Whosawhatsis

Aug 6, 2021, 3:30:07 PM8/6/21
to 3DP Ideas, Ryan Carlyle
Hah, replied to your other thread about the printer before seeing this one.

I've wanted something like this forever too, to get rid of all the extra headroom that printers normally require for the filament path. Opening up new kinematic models, like the one this printer uses, is a bonus, too.