looks like a resurrected wally !

ekaggrat singh kalsi

Mar 20, 2021, 1:13:31 AM3/20/21
to 3DP Ideas
interesting mechanism . looks more like the wally simpson with belt drives .

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/silent-smart-easy-to-use-3d-printer-plybot#/

Ryan Carlyle

Mar 29, 2021, 4:57:12 PM3/29/21
to 3DP Ideas
Interesting mechanics. I honestly can't tell how the arms are actuated. Looks like belts turning the elbows, via motors in the shoulders?

ekaggrat singh kalsi

Mar 29, 2021, 10:39:13 PM3/29/21
to 3DP Ideas
yes it is similar to the wally simpson mechanism except that instead of stings it used a belt . The advantage of wally's mechanism over traditional 5 bar scara was the linearity in the kinematics . But wally failed as it was veru hard to calibrate it. strings are 3d printed pulleys are a bad combination. Maybe the plybot overcomes the short comes using pressed steel parts and belts. I am not sure why they simply didnt use a 5 bar scara?