Re: [3dp-ideas] Abridged summary of 3dp-ideas@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Daren Schwenke

Jan 15, 2021, 5:00:19 PM1/15/21
to 3dp-...@googlegroups.com
I personally use velocity extrusion (proper trajectory planner with s curve acceleration profiles) within Machinekit on my 3D printer.

I wanted to add that within that, you can dynamically set how closely to follow the approximation of a curve, dynamically during printing. Actually doing this does have issues as it resets the trajectory planner when you do it which results in a tiny pause, but this allows you to choose how closely you want to follow a curve or small segments.
I generally just set it to the minimum accuracy required and leave it. The minimum required being lower on things like lithographs and larger on things like housings.

Oskar Linde <oskar...@gmail.com>: Jan 13 09:38PM -0800