Hash Kinematics demo

Raph Rem

Jan 28, 2021, 5:31:11 AM1/28/21
to 3DP Ideas
Hi all,

I've made a quick video explaining how it works.
The original project was conceived using supported MGN12's, but I've done the animation
using steel rods for the sake of simplicity.

Thanks everyone on this group who I've learned from and also thanks Ryan Carlyle for kindly responding my email, when I ask him if that mechanical arrangement would make sense at all.

Ryan Carlyle

Feb 2, 2021, 5:49:12 PM2/2/21
to 3DP Ideas
I saw this on Facebook and was trying to remember where I had seen it before! Hah.

We've had mirrored printing options before (Sailfish dualstrusion ditto print, Stacker multi-head printing, some others) and I've never personally thought they added a lot of value compared to separate printers... basically you're tying the print failure modes together which increases the probability of having to stop halfway. But now that people are really getting the kinks worked out of toolchanger software toolchains
and printing techniques, I think this design has some promise as a "non-changing tool changer" design. Basically this can do anything a 4-head toolchanger can do, without needing the locking kinematic mounts. Bit more complex belt and motor setup, bit simpler toolchange hardware and gcode.