Aluminum heat spreader built plate sourcing.

Randy Smyth

Sep 7, 2017, 12:15:54 PM9/7/17
to 3D604

I'm in the process of building a new Delta printer, based off of David Crocker's design, https://miscsolutions.wordpress.com/dc42s-large-kossel-build/

Only parts I have not sourced yet are the 330mm dia. x 6mm Aluminum plate for the base of the build platform, and the 2.5mm  aluminum plate just for mounting the electronics and power.

The thin plate i can make do without for now, but the 6mm and really flat build plate I've been unable to find. Any one have any suggestions ?

Randy

Edward Simpson

Sep 7, 2017, 1:36:38 PM9/7/17
to 3D604
Hi Randy,
Have you tried looking at some of the metal stock suppliers? 6mm aluminum plate sounds more like something that they'd stock. Or you could go the route that I did and order one of Ultibots 300mm print bed stacks, that's what I ended up using on my big delta build.
Hope that helps a bit,
Edward

Rob Hall

Sep 7, 2017, 1:55:04 PM9/7/17
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
I have bought aluminium plate at metropolis in pit meadows they will cut to size for you as Well

Randy Smyth

Sep 7, 2017, 3:25:21 PM9/7/17
to 3D604
That's a good idea, and i did look at since buying an Ultibots originally before setting on the David Crocker design. Unfortunately they are out of the 400mm, and 300mm is smaller than I wish for mounting. Although I can still go that route if I cannot find a 330mm version.

Derek P

Sep 9, 2017, 3:59:26 PM9/9/17
to 3D604
I bought my plate at:

It was quite expensive for them to cut it round though so I cut it myself into a hex shape using a bandsaw.