COVID-19 Face shields

Edward Simpson

Mar 26, 2020, 7:24:53 PM3/26/20
to 3D604
Hi all,
Is anyone in the area switching their printers over to producing the Prusa research Face Shield or similar? I'm currently running through testing one of the variants to see how they work and am willing to help if I can.
Edward Simpson

Julian Rendell

Mar 26, 2020, 8:30:20 PM3/26/20
to Edward Simpson, 3d...@googlegroups.com

We did a video conf call for local makers (3d printing, cnc, etc) in the Comox Valley.

Here are our notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1daVOZT6afHQSF5PXiUVd3G3pB8Jro3bu4Cnv26tpB6A/edit?usp=sharing

One thing to be aware of many designs: they have an open top which I was told concerns a lot of medical practitioners. E.g. bend down and a breathe/sneeze is directed right INTO your face…

We are going to be looking at modifying the Prusa design, and also the Budmen design.

Julian

John @ Proto3000

Apr 7, 2020, 5:44:55 PM4/7/20
to 3D604

Hello Edward,
If the orders are past your capabilities for PPEs, lmk
- John