Successful first real print... what's the next step in dealing in?

Gabe Gat

Jun 1, 2020, 6:40:14 PM6/1/20
to 3D604
What can I do to get better?

IMG_8789.JPG

IMG_0594.JPG

Ender 3 pro (Sain-Smart)
- 230 degree Hot-end (200 doesn't work with my filament)
- 60 degree bed
- MG Chemicals PLA
- stl re-sliced through Cura with the default "Ender 3 Pro" printer settings
- printed directly via usb

Rob Hall

Jun 1, 2020, 7:09:19 PM6/1/20
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
https://www.simplify3d.com/support/print-quality-troubleshooting/

This is from simplify3d but most of it translates to cura

Nick Wimpney

Jun 1, 2020, 7:54:45 PM6/1/20
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
I'm guessing you don't have much for part cooling, except maybe for a little blower near on the hotend?

better cooling of the print can often help a little with the blobbyness in places, and will make a huge difference to things like the keel of the benchy where you have a fairly shallow overhang.  the sort of blobby notches like you've got showing roughly half way up tend to happen from printing onto plastic that's still soft.  It shrinks, and lifts up the previous layers, until eventually it prints enough mess on top to start blobbing over the edge.

That could be part of the reason for the curling on the bottom corners of the cube as well, though that can also come from it not being bonded well enough to your build surface.

Nick Wimpney

Jun 1, 2020, 8:00:01 PM6/1/20
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
You can even try just putting a fan at the edge of the bed, or blowing an ordinary household style fan on it while it's printing, and see if that gives you an improvement.

Rob Hall

Jun 1, 2020, 8:05:12 PM6/1/20
to 3d...@googlegroups.com
I know 230 is working but maybe come down to 220

Even a couple of degrees  an make a huge difference in the stringing and stuff