REST API webinars on apigee

Rémi Arnaud

Aug 16, 2011, 3:18:26 PM8/16/11
to 3d-...@googlegroups.com

Apigee has a lot of interesting informative videos on REST API that could be interesting to member of this group.

For example I recommend watching this video about best practice on REST API design:

http://blog.apigee.com/detail/video_restful_api_design_pragmatic_not_dogmatic/

There was some discussion during the SigGraph BOF about user credential management, here’s a video about the oauth technology

http://blog.apigee.com/taglist/OAuth

Regards

-- Remi

Rob Chadwick

Aug 17, 2011, 1:25:32 PM8/17/11
to 3d-...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone. I just wanted to document a use case we discussed during BOF.

Currently, the DoD has several different training scenarios authored
in virtual worlds, and there is significant interest in virtual world
platforms for use as collaboration and training tools. I've heard in
several keynotes at I/ITSEC and the Federal Virtual Worlds Consortium
a desire for virtual worlds build with different platforms to be
"interoperable". Currently, all virtual worlds use their own data
representations and transportation methods for sending world geometry
to the client. It seems like a standard REST API would help virtual
world geometry databases and virtual world clients inter-operate with
other platforms.