Introduction

Chad Austin

Jun 7, 2012, 9:03:57 PM6/7/12
to 3d-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am a technical director at IMVU, responsible for client technology.  We have an enormous catalog of user-generated content and are beginning to look into WebGL and exposing that data over a RESTful interface.  I'm joining this group to see what others in the WebGL space are doing and how we could potentially mash up our content with third-party content sources.

Nice to meet you,

Chad

Rémi Arnaud

Jun 8, 2012, 2:15:26 AM6/8/12
to 3drest
Welcome to the group Chad!

I have not been able to spend much time on REST-3D for a while, but I am now in a much better position and will start again spending time moving this project forward.

SigGraph is approaching soon, and I would like to get design discussion going and see if we could gather again this SigGraph in LA. How many people in this group would be interested? We could potentially set up a BOF if not too late

In the mean time, I plan to restart the discussion in the group and the work on the spec, as well as releasing some opensource software.

Regards
-Remi
-- Remi

From: Chad Austin <ch...@imvu.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 18:03:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [3D-REST] Introduction

Alan Hudson

Jun 8, 2012, 10:21:53 AM6/8/12
to 3d-...@googlegroups.com, 3drest
I'm interested in a meeting.  We've been working up a REST API for the Shapeways website to expose our model content and provide some model generation services.

Sent from my iPad

Gregory Ray

Jun 8, 2012, 11:55:16 AM6/8/12
to 3d-...@googlegroups.com
http://ourbricks.com/ is a leader in this space.

Jeff Terrace

Jun 8, 2012, 12:53:37 PM6/8/12
to 3d-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm Jeff Terrace - a graduate student at Princeton and the developer
who wrote most of the code for the OurBricks API.

You can find some examples of using the API from python and php here:
https://github.com/ourbricks/ourbricks-api-examples

Our API documentation is here:
https://github.com/ourbricks/ourbricks-api-examples/wiki/API-Documentation

We also have Access-Control-Allow-Origin headers set, so you can even
use it x-domain from JS:
http://jsfiddle.net/YqcS3/

Happy to answer any questions about the API. I won't be at SIGGRAPH,
but another developer from OurBricks might be.

Jeff

Tony Parisi

Jun 8, 2012, 1:26:50 PM6/8/12
to 3d-...@googlegroups.com
I'd love to do a BoF. I'll be in LA but only during the exhibit days so please let's try to schedule a BoF between the 7th and the 9th.

Tony
--
Tony Parisi                             tpa...@gmail.com
Founder, CEO                       Skybox Networks, Inc.

Patrick Cozzi

Jun 19, 2012, 5:34:03 PM6/19/12
to 3d-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm a developer working on Cesium, a WebGL virtual globe and map, and I'm interested in REST APIs for optimizing and ingesting 3D content.

I'd be happy to attend the BOF at SIGGRAPH.  Let me know the logistics as my schedule is filling up fast.

Regards,
Patrick

Marc PETIT

Jun 20, 2012, 3:55:27 AM6/20/12
to 3d-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all.

I work in a large power utility company. As such I'm interested in solutions that help us improve our information systems. Considering my focus on 3D, REST-3D definitely is of interest.

Like Patrick, I'd be happy to attend such a BoF, yet my schedule is filling fast. If it's too late for an official BoF and we are not too many, maybe we could try a REST-3D dinner or evening ?

Regards,

Marc

Rémi Arnaud

Jun 20, 2012, 3:46:06 PM6/20/12
to 3drest
We're on! Rest-3D BOF is scheduled during SigGraph 2012.

Birds of a Feather Session Title: REST-3D
Date: Tuesday, August 7
Location: Los Angeles Convention Center
Time: 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM (Please make change in SIS)
Room Name: 516
Room Setup:  Theater
Room Setup/Tear down hours:  N/A
Organizer Name: Remi Amaud
Email: re...@acm.org

My mobile is 408 656 3683

Please note:
We need to reset the room in it's original settings or else we will be charged a fee.
This is a small room - max 20, but should be enough as I don't expect more than 10-15 people attending.
This is a work session, bring your laptop with ppt/demos. I do not expect anyone to do a formal presentation, but please email this group if you'd want to.
I took a room in the convention center as they are supposed to offer free wireless internet, but do not rely on it to work perfectly.

See you there!

- Remi
-- Remi

From: Marc PETIT <ker...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 09:55:27 +0200
Subject: Re: [3D-REST] Introduction

Patrick Cozzi

Jun 20, 2012, 4:07:34 PM6/20/12
to 3d-...@googlegroups.com, re...@acm.org
Awesome.  Looking forward to it.

I'll do a quick demo of our WebGL stuff, but nothing formal.

Patrick