NCY App contest

Remi Arnaud

Nov 13, 2011, 8:33:36 PM11/13/11
to 3d-...@googlegroups.com
http://2011.nycbigapps.com/

I really like the idea behind this contest. Cities have lots of real-time data that can be used by apps to improve everyday life, as well as better inform citizen about what is really going on and what they can do about it.

As far as REST3D concerns, the contest is asking app creators to use one on the REST APIs listed on that page. So here's in one single page a lot of links to existing REST API specifications / implementations that we can learn from. Also, REST 3D API should be one of the API's listed in that page, what better than taking advantage of 3D models to represent a city and map it's data?

http://2011.nycbigapps.com/details/api

Regards
-- Remi
PS: here another pointer for such contests: http://www.visualizing.org/  So far very little to no 3D at all