ChatGPT, Python & Blender - Oh My...

Kurt The 3D Printer GUY!

May 27, 2024, 2:37:08 PMMay 27
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
So, in another thread - this comment was brought up by Kamesh:
     "Chatgpt works great to create python codes for Blender. That's one great thing about Blender I noticed."

I'm TRULY Intrigued by this discussion point - and I wanted to start a New Thread on it alone.

So - Kamesh - can you shed some further light on this topic? Have you been doing it - using AI to generate Python code for Blender? And, if so - I'd really REALLY Curious to know what kind of code or what have you specifically been doing with it in Blender?

TIA,
-Kurt

Kamesh M Sundaram

May 28, 2024, 3:15:37 PMMay 28
to Kurt The 3D Printer GUY!, 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
How I used ChatGPT with Blender.
I asked Gpt to write python code or blender to project and extrude text "Hello" and "World " in perpendicular planes and generate the intersection body. It did the code. I them asked to create variable for font and color.  I then asked gpt to create a web form to collect the input for the variables. It it all of that very well.  Note that I have very little Blender experience.

Kurt The 3D Printer GUY!

May 30, 2024, 11:38:51 PMMay 30
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
WOW - that is VERY COOL! I'm thrilled to see your prompts worked so well. Will admit - I haven't dabbled with ChatGPT in a while. But, my coworker - the creator of the 22 IDEX machine - says the New ChatGPT is good stuff!!!

-K