DIY Large Format Printer

markni...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2022, 1:05:29 PM6/23/22
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks

Dr. D-Flo has an interesting large format 3d Printer project that he's putting together:

It has lots of interesting and innovative features that could (and should) be incorporated into smaller builds.

The  $5000.00 pellet extruder he's using alone puts this out of reach for most folks, but I don't see why it couldn't be put together with a standard extruder using a .6 mm nozzle and some 3 Kg spools of 1.75mm filament.

His use of the Duet 3 controller board, controlling heat cut out sensors is very clever, and could be used on any FDM printer for increased safety.

Matt Saeger

Jun 23, 2022, 4:23:19 PM6/23/22
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
Yes the items he made on there lookes very cool! I can't believe how much he said it cost for the pellets. It must be because of buying a small amount.