A WILD 3D Printed Bicycle

Kurt at VRFX

Jun 14, 2022, 10:32:56 AM6/14/22
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks

Someone shared this on Slack at work here in Michigan - and I thought I would share it here!!!

https://www.3dnatives.com/en/breaking-design-rules-with-a-3d-printed-bike-with-all-wheel-drive-290320224/

TobyCWood

Jun 14, 2022, 12:11:27 PM6/14/22
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
The comments on it are quite funny. Like… how does it steer?

tray

Jun 17, 2022, 10:27:10 PM6/17/22
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
> Like… how does it steer?

Given the distance from steering axis to contact patch, probably not well. (Although I didn't actually try plugging it into JBike6). With the front and rear contact synchronized, tire scrub on corners would be bad too. I marked the steering axis. Looks like the belt is expected to deflect laterally for steering.

 axis.png

Kurt at VRFX

Jun 20, 2022, 3:35:38 PM6/20/22
to 3d-printing-...@googlegroups.com

Yo TRay -  even before seeing your reply, I did also guess the same points used for steering. Its a pretty crazy idea, and, like you - I'm not too sure how truly viable it is. But, still - the 3D Printed unit looks AWESOME!!!