XL fw update

3D Printing Tips and Tricks

May 23, 2024, 3:29:59 PMMay 23
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
After waiting through a bunch of updates I went ahead and installed 6.1. They added a calibration at the end of the very long calibration list. This new one seems to test the X and y steppers (misnomers for a coreXY machine, just sayin) and then seems to calculate some kind of smoothing for traveling which makes it all less noisy. It seems to work, but it does nothing beyond making it quieter. So they put their developers on to doing this to catch up to Bambu which does something like it, yet they do nothing about the priming tower in ps.

Murphy

May 24, 2024, 11:22:30 AMMay 24
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
Why are you using a prime tower? The beauty of the multi head XL is that you don't need the prime tower.

3D Printing Tips and Tricks

May 24, 2024, 12:51:40 PMMay 24
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
Unfortunately you still need it for PETG and the use case I can’t serve with current PS is four colors of PETG and pla for supports. PS blends the pla into the prime tower which then fails.

3D Printing Tips and Tricks

May 24, 2024, 12:57:33 PMMay 24
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
Please note there’s a big difference between a priming tower and a purge tower! Different purposes, different amount of waste material.

Murphy

May 24, 2024, 1:19:59 PMMay 24
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
I am having success printing PETG w/ PLA supports. Used your retraction tip (actually bumped it up to 11.8) and brought my temps down. Great results, no wispy stringing while printing hatchbox PETG, overture PETG was quite wispy though.

On Fri, May 24, 2024 at 12:57 PM 3D Printing Tips and Tricks <3d-printing-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Please note there’s a big difference between a priming tower and a purge tower! Different purposes, different amount of waste material.

Alan B

May 24, 2024, 7:13:17 PMMay 24
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
The upgrade to the XL motor control algorithms makes the motors move more smoothly which quiets them down and reduces subtle artifacts in the printing. Smoother motion is a good thing. Steppers make noise because their torque has ripples which is not good for precision motion. Precisely controlling the waveforms can improve this.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "3D Printing Tips and Tricks" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/3d-printing-tips--tricks/CAEXxw9RTRjhLpok-oqMKPvt%2BKV7cEx30%2BBZRLzzvXzJ1FST_rA%40mail.gmail.com.

3D Printing Tips and Tricks

May 27, 2024, 1:38:03 PMMay 27
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks

It made zero difference to print quality for me..lts still very good to excellent.