Prusaslicer retraction

TobyCWood

Jun 22, 2022, 3:25:27 PM6/22/22
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
So I set retraction in ps to 1.75mm length. Slice the model and save the gcode.
When I do the same in S3d and I look at the gcode, I can find the G1 E-1.75… everywhere there should be a retraction. I don’t get the same from ps. Instead I get varying amounts of retraction.
I tried asking about this on the Prusa forum and got zero response!
Does it simply ignore what I put in and make up its own retraction length?

Now when I’ve painted the model it gets even worse. Instead of a varying amount of retraction length I see… G1 E1.75!!!  IOWs it extrudes instead of retracting. This explains the blobs and crappy seams I’ve been getting.
I post the issue on their GitHub… and the only reply I get back ignored the issue!
What’s up with Prusa…? Has their support always been this shabby?