ABS Part, Kicking Ass & VisionMiner -- OH My...

Kurt The 3D Printer GUY!

Jul 1, 2024, 12:09:19 AM (3 days ago) Jul 1
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
So, this past week - I printed a new customer project at work. And, of course, I can't show a picture of the printed part. But, I did want to share this pic. Why? Cause it was an ABS Print - and I used to print a LOT in ABS. My original 4.5 foot long Dragon was ALL printed in ABS! And, this customer part - was a BIG One - I think it was about 350mm tall. It also required a good bit of supports. So - this pic is after it completed and supports removed from the part - but, you can see the size of some of these organic supports:
ABS Cust Part Supports.jpg

The other reason I wanted to show this pic was the Jars. Anyone know Why I'm showing the Jars and what it's about?

Also, some might find the Build plate interesting - as its a Carbon Fiber based build plate.

The other fun part - this was my First ABS client project at VM - and I was rather exited to get back into printing ABS - especially for a customer project.

-K