Timelapse

bron...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2022, 3:12:04 AM6/5/22
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
hey after the last episode I had thought about doing a few of these as well
I no longer use octoprint

but I had a suggestion I know your a Nikon guys  but a older Cannon can be had pretty cheep and they work as a web cam via usb with out gphoto I believe my of course my Rebel XT is the oldest of them and it does not it does do stils with Gphoto though

but I also found a plug in for Duet controller boards
that I think I am going to try

if it triggers on layer change focus should not be a problem your not capturing any motion so auto focus should be fine

if you need a cheep wifi enable webcam the esp32 camera  works not bad for less than $10
hit up amazon for and search for esp32 cam or AIthinker

TobyCWood

Jun 5, 2022, 11:38:06 AM6/5/22
to 3D Printing Tips and Tricks
After about a dozen tl capture/prints using Octolapse I have to say that imo nothing will work as well. Octolapse looks at the overall print and balances the number of exposures and when they happen so that you get a really smooth effect. I think I did one without the balancing on the YouTube channel and you can see the difference.