Ignore sparsity flag not recognised

Paul Munn

Sep 4, 2016, 6:13:26 PM9/4/16
to 3D Genomics
Hi All,

I'm attempting to run Arrowhead and HiCCUPS using the --ignore_sparsity flag, but I get an error message saying: Unknown option '--ignore_sparsity'

Could you please point me to some documentation that shows how this flag is used.

Many thanks,
Paul

Muhammad Saad Shamim

Sep 4, 2016, 10:56:11 PM9/4/16
to Paul Munn, 3D Genomics
Hey Paul,

Are you using the latest jar (http://aidenlab.org/commandlinetools/)?
The command should be passed like this:

arrowhead --ignore_sparsity inter.hic temp_results
hiccups --ignore_sparsity inter.hic temp_results2

Note that it'll still print a warning about the map being sparse, but instead of exiting it will print the defaults being used and continue with processing:

java -jar juicebox_tools.7.0.jar arrowhead --ignore_sparsity inter.hic temp_results
Reading file: inter.hic
HiC file version: 8
Warning: Hi-C map is too sparse to find many domains via Arrowhead.
Default settings for 10kb being used

java -jar juicebox_tools.7.0.jar hiccups --ignore_sparsity inter.hic temp_results2
Reading file: inter.hic
HiC file version: 8
No valid configurations specified, using default settings
Warning Hi-C map is too sparse to find many loops via HiCCUPS.
Default settings for 5kb, 10kb, and 25kb being used

​Best,​

Message has been deleted

Hiroyuki Kato

Apr 27, 2020, 7:52:42 AM4/27/20
to 3D Genomics
Hi,

Hope someone could help me.

I also had similar problem regarding --ignore_sparsity posted here.
My command is like this.

java -jar ~/juicer_tools.jar arrowhead  --ignore_sparsity  my.hic(input) contact_domains_list(output)

However, I get the following error.

WARN [2020-04-27T20:39:25,942]  [Globals.java:138] [main]  Development mode is enabled
Exception in thread "main" jargs.gnu.CmdLineParser$UnknownOptionException: Unknown option '--ignore_sparsity'
at jargs.gnu.CmdLineParser.parse(CmdLineParser.java:475)
at jargs.gnu.CmdLineParser.parse(CmdLineParser.java:426)
at juicebox.tools.HiCTools.main(HiCTools.java:61)

Since, I can run the following example as shown in the website, it seems it's not a version or path matter.
java -jar ~/juicer_tools.jar arrowhead https://hicfiles.s3.amazonaws.com/hiseq/gm12878/in-situ/combined_30.hic contact_domains_list

I know I would get this error if my sequencing depth is not enough, but --ignore_sparsity seems not working at all.
Is there any solution?

I use JAVA1.8.
I downloaded juicer_tools_1.19.02.jar (latest version).

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Hiroyuki

2016年9月5日月曜日 11時56分11秒 UTC+9 Muhammad Saad Shamim:

Muhammad Saad Shamim

Apr 27, 2020, 3:32:41 PM4/27/20
to Hiroyuki Kato, 3D Genomics
Hi!

We changed the flag to --use-sparsity (no underscore).
In the older jar, the internal usage didn't get updated, but it should be fixed in the newer jars.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/3d-genomics/2ac13635-9f63-460f-ae14-8cb2129ffdf5%40googlegroups.com.

Hiroyuki Kato

Apr 28, 2020, 5:06:55 AM4/28/20
to Muhammad Saad Shamim, 3D Genomics
Hi Muhammad,

--ignore-sparsity (no underscore) worked perfectly!
Thank you so much for this wonderful tool!

Best,
Hiroyuki

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 20/04/28 18:05:15