Issues running straw

Richard Rueda

May 18, 2022, 11:54:27 AM5/18/22
to 3D Genomics
Hi,

I'm trying to run Straw to extract some data, but I'm having trouble going through the jupyter notebook. I'm very new to python so it's likely just something I'm not understanding. I keep getting a "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'hicstraw'" error on the "import hicstraw" line at the beginning of the example in the notebook. The package I pip installed is hic-straw but if I try "import hic-straw" I get a syntax error at the hyphen. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
Richard

Muhammad Shamim

May 18, 2022, 11:55:23 AM5/18/22
to 3D Genomics
Are you running in a notebook or through the command line?

Richard Rueda

May 18, 2022, 12:03:55 PM5/18/22
to 3D Genomics
I've tried both

Richard Rueda

May 18, 2022, 4:44:18 PM5/18/22
to 3D Genomics
I figured it out!

lij...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2022, 1:26:00 AM11/3/22
to 3D Genomics
Hi Richard,

Could you please tell me your solution? I also had the same problem after installed hicstraw, but No module named 'hicstraw'" error on the
"import hicstraw" line .

Thanks,

Jia Li