Long running Juicer

mushroom astar

Jul 23, 2021, 9:57:45 PM7/23/21
to 3D Genomics
Hello, when I use juicer, I stopped at Gwak for a long time. Now I have a diploid genome of about 2G. I think my server can fully meet it. It has 64 cores and 256g memory. I'm still iterating. What should I do?
I found that there is no - C parameter in jucier 1.6, which means I can't split it to get faster speed. Now how can I use it?

Neva Durand

Jul 25, 2021, 2:21:15 PM7/25/21
to mushroom astar, 3D Genomics
Hello,

What version are you using? Slurm cpu etc? There is a -C option is juicer 1.6. I am also not sure what step it’s stopped at from your explanation. Note that if your goal is assembly you should use the -e flag.

On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 9:57 PM mushroom astar <tanxingd...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, when I use juicer, I stopped at Gwak for a long time. Now I have a diploid genome of about 2G. I think my server can fully meet it. It has 64 cores and 256g memory. I'm still iterating. What should I do?
I found that there is no - C parameter in jucier 1.6, which means I can't split it to get faster speed. Now how can I use it?

Neva Cherniavsky Durand, Ph.D. | she, her, hers
Assistant Professor |  Molecular and Human Genetics
Aiden Lab | Baylor College of Medicine

mushroom astar

Jul 26, 2021, 4:08:31 AM7/26/21
to 3D Genomics
Hello! I am using the CPU version of juicer1.6. When I enter juicer.sh - h, the - C option does not appear. I want to ask how I can get corresponding changes in this version to speed up the speed?
Usage: juicer.sh [-g genomeID] [-d topDir] [-s site] [-a about]
                 [-S stage] [-p chrom.sizes path] [-y restriction site file]
                 [-z reference genome file] [-D Juicer scripts directory]
                 [-b ligation] [-t threads] [-h] [-f] [-j]