how to transform a sparse matrix to .hic file

Shawn Bai

Nov 29, 2022, 10:07:11 PM11/29/22
to 3D Genomics
Hi, all,

Now I downloaded a sparse matrix file(three columns: start of bin1, start of bin2, interaction counts). I want to visualize this in juicerbox, how can I transorm it into .hic file(even at single resolution).

Thanks,
Jiangshan

Moshe Olshansky

Nov 30, 2022, 5:59:12 PM11/30/22
to 3D Genomics
Hi Jiangshan.

You first need to convert it into the short format, which has 5 fields: chr1 start1 chr2 start2 counts
Then using the latest version of juicer (version 2.20) you can make a hic file out of it (with pre).

Regards,
Moshe.

David Katz

Apr 15, 2023, 8:53:37 PM4/15/23
to 3D Genomics
Can you please link to where the short form with five fields is specified?

Moshe Olshansky

Apr 17, 2023, 1:08:42 AM4/17/23
to 3d-ge...@googlegroups.com