Is there a way to disable stock photo selling?

Ivan Petrushev

Dec 1, 2023, 2:44:11 AM12/1/23
to 360Cities Community
Hello,

I have not used 360cities for a while (years).
When I started using it in 2011 I just wanted to show some beautiful places in Google Earth.

Just got an e-mail for royalty payments for one of my panoramas. This surprised me a lot, because I have not put them for sale. I thought it was some sort of scam, but it turned out 360cities sell to advertising agencies, AR developers, etc: https://www.360cities.net/licensing-royalties

I looked up Alamy and found most of my panos listed there. Prices were atrocious of course - I got $4.50 and they sold my photo on a plan in the $200-$500 range.

Has 360cities turned into a stock content marketplace? This was not I joined for in the beginning.
Is there a way to disable selling my photos, or I just have to delete them all?

Regards,
Ivan

Elena Martinez

Dec 1, 2023, 4:33:20 AM12/1/23
to 360Cities Community
Hello Ivan,

360Cities is a 360º stock photography platform, and also a 360º platform for panoramic photographers and videographers.
We have always be clear and have informed all 360Cities contributors about the stock activities and partnerships via newsletters, blog posts and, social media channels.

As it is standard across the stock photo licensing industry, we sometimes also do discounted pricing deals with customers who purchase in bulk, which means that individual royalties can sometimes be smaller than they are from retail sales.
We partnered with Alamy on 2018: https://blog.360cities.net/2018/11/06/distribution-partner-360cities-alamy/

Of course, you can choose wether you want to offer your panoramas for licensing or not, also you can choose if you want them to be offered by our distribution partners. More info here.

Any questions, let me know.

Elena

Ivan Petrushev

Dec 1, 2023, 4:53:34 AM12/1/23
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Thank you,

That info link was what I was looking for.

Regards,
Ivan