Problem with Nearpod Fieldtrip VR pictures

Catherine James

Jan 19, 2024, 8:55:40 PMJan 19
to 360Cities Community
Hi,

I work in the Redwood City School District.  We are having an issue where the embedded VR fieldtrips in Nearpod published lessons are showing black pages instead of the photos tagged to 360Cities. I tried accessing some of the 360 panoramas directly from your site and when I click on them they show up as black screens.
This is one of the lessons we are having issues with:

Let me know if you need additional information.

Thank you,

Cathy James

Samuel Goldberg

Jan 20, 2024, 8:32:13 AMJan 20
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
I have the same issue! Never got resolved :(
This is a staff email account managed by Redwood City School District. This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender.

Logo

Samuel Goldberg

he/him

2nd Grade Teacher

Fairview Park City School District

p: (440) 356-3525 x2126

E: sgol...@fairview.k12.oh.us

4320 W. 220th St.

Fairview Park, OH 44126

www.fairviewparkschools.org

#WarriorPride

Learn Differently

Care Deeply

Aspire to Excellence

Erik Krause

Jan 20, 2024, 10:30:13 AMJan 20
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Am 20.01.2024 um 02:55 schrieb Catherine James:

> This is one of the lessons we are having issues with:
> https://nearpod.com/t/social-studies/8th/ancient-civilizations-the-maya-L32823544?oc=lesson-library&utm_source=link

Seems to work perfectly here on Firefox, Edge and Chrome. I can see and
navigate three panoramas. What browser do you use?

--
Erik Krause
Herchersgarten 1

Cathy James

Jan 21, 2024, 2:40:45 AMJan 21
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Chrome

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 20, 2024, at 7:30 AM, 'Erik Krause' via 360Cities Community <360c...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Allan Der

Jan 21, 2024, 5:38:16 PMJan 21
to 360Cities Community
Worked OK  today with Safari on my Macbook Pro M2 Max.

Elena Martinez

Jan 22, 2024, 5:37:03 AMJan 22
to 360Cities Community

Hello Cathy,
As Erik did (thanks, Erik and Allan), we have checked on different browsers -Chrome, Firefox, Brave, Safari- and all the panoramas are working properly. Can you please check again and confirm wether they are working for you or not?

@Samuel, can you please share more info about that issue?

Regards,
Elena

Catherine James

Jan 22, 2024, 5:07:35 PMJan 22
to 360Cities Community
After more investigation, we discovered that the VR links worked on our student Chromebooks, but not on our teacher MacBooks.  Ultimately we were able to fix the situation by whitelisting 360Cities.net.  We are still having trouble viewing many of the VR videos directly on the 360Cities site, but they seem to be working in Nearpod now.

Cathy

Elena Martinez

Jan 26, 2024, 6:16:11 AMJan 26
to 360Cities Community
Hello Cathy,

Can you please give me some more info?

- Which videos can't you see? Please, provide some urls.
- Which browser and version are you using?

Thanks,
Elena