A letter from the National Alliance for Passage of the Women's Reservation Bill with our demands for the U.P elections

Women Power Connect

Aug 14, 2021, 9:18:12 AM8/14/21
to 33perc...@googlegroups.com, meen...@durgaindia.org, ywcaindia, President AIWC
Dear WRB members,

As you are aware, the Legislative Assembly elections in the state of Uttar Pradesh will be held from February to March 2022 to elect 403 members of the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly.

With an eye on the U.P elections, members of the National Women’s Alliance for the Women’s Reservation Bill (a collective comprising of more than 1500 organizations and individuals across the country working to attain gender justice and equality) have drafted a list of demands, attached to this letter, to ensure women are given due representation in the State Legislative Assembly and the Lok Sabha.

Without passage of the Women's Reservation Bill in India, creating a strong democratic political regime will remain elusive.

We call upon you to endorse the letter and to share it as widely as possible with your networks and partner alliances.

Thanking you,
Yours Sincerely
You can reach us at

WomenPowerConnect
2-Nelson Mandela Marg
New Delhi - 110070

Twitter: @wpc_network
Facebook: WomenPowerConnect

WRB Final Letter.docx

Women Power Connect

Aug 16, 2021, 3:36:15 AM8/16/21
to 33perc...@googlegroups.com, meen...@durgaindia.org, ywcaindia, President AIWC, Brinda Adige, bhim...@gmail.com, Anjali Mehta
Dear friends,

Please send us your endorsements as soon as possible so that we can add your names to the letter.

Thank you!
regards,

Gayatri
Women Power Connect