Bushings for steering rack

Scott Forrest

Aug 10, 2023, 11:10:50 AM8/10/23
to 323gtx
Hello,
Anyone have a source for mount bushings, that hold the steering rack to chassis?

Dealer is no longer available.  Rock Auto doesn't list them.  Tascaparts.com might have 2wd versions but list 4wd as discontinued.

Thanks,
Scott

nowi...@yahoo.com

Aug 10, 2023, 11:37:14 AM8/10/23
to Scott Forrest, 323gtx

Odd that those would be completely shot…and an odd item to have stocked somewhere as well.  Matching them up to something close would take a lot of effort, unless someone has already done so.  Perhaps Ford Escort or Mercury Tracer parts may be a possible alternative?

Scott Forrest

Aug 10, 2023, 12:02:35 PM8/10/23
to s n, 323gtx
I'm getting lateral slip at full lock and then it will slide back when going full lock in the opposite direction.

SF

mfel...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2023, 12:02:49 PM8/10/23
to 323gtx

mfel...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2023, 12:07:22 PM8/10/23
to 323gtx
I replaced the bushings on my forester with the softest poly and it made a huge difference.  Strongly Recommend IMO.

Here are some poly 323 BF ones if they fit:
https://www.superspares.com.au/superpro-front-steering-rack-pinion-mount-bush-for~15280332

Scott Forrest

Aug 10, 2023, 12:12:51 PM8/10/23
to Mark Feldhake, 323gtx
Mark,
Yes those are the pieces parts I'm interested in.

If the local dealer said no longer available is the link you provided saying otherwise, actually all available??

I'll look into those sources. Thanks for those and the aftermarket ones.

SF

mfel...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2023, 12:37:14 PM8/10/23
to 323gtx
Scott,

Supposedly the systems should all be linked and they should be able to check other dealers and warehouses.  So if they say there are none, then I would not trust a dealer advertising as having the part.

I would trust the ebay since they will usually only list if they have the physical product.

If Mazda does not have a truly linked system and some dealers silo their inventory, then who knows.

I was just trying to grab PNs so we could cross reference and understand visually what we are all looking for.

Looked like they may also be shared with the protege?  Or maybe some of the bushings are shared.  I did not look much once I saw them on ebay...etc.

Cheers
Mark