Parting out the rallycross car

Bob Martin

Apr 4, 2024, 3:12:52 PMApr 4
to 323gtx
All,

I went and bought another car for rallycross so my old GTX rallycross car is up for sale (to this list first, of course). The whole car can be had for $3000 (price is for this list only). For this price, I will put it back together so you can drive it onto your trailer. Otherwise, I will part it out.

Some details:
1988 Mazda GTX body
- completely stripped and then some
- non-sunroof roof
- fiberglass hood and hatch
- no headlights, no wipers, not a single piece of stock wiring harness left
- gutted doors with pexiglass windows
- plexiglass rear windows
- gutted bumpers (just a minimal amount of the bumper covers left)
- rust holes that have been minimally repaired
- this will NEVER be a street car again so don't ask
BPT engine
- built by Road Race Engineering many moons ago
- unknown internals, probably stock
- Garrett T3/T4 turbo
- customized exhaust manifold with external Tial wastegate
- huge downpipe
- Autronic SMC ECU (way out of date, no support, but still works)
- custom FMIC and plumbing
- GTR intake
- adjustable cam gears
- remote catch can
- 440 cc injectors
- wide band O2 for monitoring, narrow band for the ECU
- Greddy BOV
- custom passenger side engine mount
- oil pressure and coolant temperature gauges
- custom aluminum radiator with 2 - 12" fans
- custom coolant hoses
- MSD Digital 6 Plus ignition box
BG transmission
- custom shift cables
- proper axles to work with the GTX front hubs
- Short shifter
- slotted subframe member for alignment of engine and transmission to the body
Stock GTX brakes
Stock hubs and knuckles
Manualized steering rack
Sparco seat on Sparco bracket built for the GTX
front and rear strut bars
HotBits struts with 250 and 100 lb/in springs plus helper springs
open rear diff
stock driveshaft and rear axles
will come with a set of winter tires on steel rims plus a set of stock GTX rims, additional rims and tires available at additional cost
5 gallon fuel cell, external fuel pump, pre-filter and race filter
3/16" aluminum bash plate
Odyssey battery and hold down located in passenger compartment
Master cutoff switch
Wilwood hydraulic handbrake for the rear with lock to act as a parking brake

There is probably more I am forgetting. Email me if interested and I can get some pictures for you.

Thanks,

Bob Martin

Nate Kappen

Apr 4, 2024, 4:04:44 PMApr 4
to Bob Martin, 323gtx
Looks like a smokin' deal!  Where are you located Bob?  Got any pics?

Bob Martin

Apr 4, 2024, 4:25:52 PMApr 4
to Nate Kappen, 323gtx
Goodrich, Michigan