Replacing crank key and bolt

Marc Feigitsch

Apr 24, 2024, 12:35:56 AMApr 24
to 323gtx
Hi,
We're planning on changing out the crank key and bolt on my friend's GTX and was wondering if anyone has any instructions or tips (torque, etc.) to do this?  We're planning on using the following parts-

Also, is the 4 slot/ 8 slot crank pulley only valid for miatas or the GTX as well?  My 90 miata has 4 slots and all 4 GTX engines we have around here are 8 slot.

Thanks,
Marc

Joel Sass

Apr 26, 2024, 8:08:25 PMApr 26
to Marc Feigitsch, 323gtx
Oof. I don't remember, but I did have a bad key on my original engine. What a bummer that was.

Here's the torque per the workshop manual:

image.png

For the record, in the workshop manual, it shows the 8 slot pulley

image.png

-- Joel