Radiator Top Mounts

s n

Sep 22, 2022, 9:49:12 PM9/22/22
to 323gtx
I rebuilt my top mounts with some silicone parts from McMaster-Carr.  Easy to do. Grind off the old rubber from the top mounts that has failed, epoxy these in place and reinstall.  Good for around 500 degrees of heat,  Enjoy.

Silicone Rubber High-Temperature Grommets
for 1-1/4" Hole Diameter, for 1/8" Material Thickness, 5/8" ID
1061T144

IMG_1195.JPG

Other

Sep 23, 2022, 9:00:28 AM9/23/22
to s n, 323gtx
Hot rodding 101! Thank you.

On Sep 22, 2022, at 19:49, 's n' via 323gtx <323...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

I rebuilt my top mounts with some silicone parts from McMaster-Carr.  Easy to do. Grind off the old rubber from the top mounts that has failed, epoxy these in place and reinstall.  Good for around 500 degrees of heat,  Enjoy.
IMG_1195.JPG

Scott Forrest

Sep 23, 2022, 10:24:53 AM9/23/22
to Other, s n, 323gtx
Good tip and resource.  McMaster sells these in 5 packs.  I see 2 were used.  Do you need to sell 2 of those extras?  You could free up that storage space as well, ha.

Scott

IMG_1195.JPG
IMG_1195.JPG

s n

Sep 23, 2022, 12:08:05 PM9/23/22
to 323gtx
Scott, fortunately or unfortunately, I have two cars that run and needed them.  I can send you one if you email me your address....
They are only like $23 for the five pack plus a little shipping.  McMaster-Carr has the absolute best customer service and sent out within an hour or two, communicated the process via email all along the way, and showed up the next day!

Steve

Scott Forrest

Sep 23, 2022, 12:10:29 PM9/23/22
to s n, 323gtx
Oh this was a joke more than anything.  I saw the price, totally reasonable for 5.  Agreed on the customer service from McMaster.

-S