Inner Tie Rod Ends Needed

s n

Feb 13, 2024, 8:11:47 AMFeb 13
to 323gtx
I am looking for B211-32-250 for the Left, and 240 for the Right.  Power Rack.

By chance, does anyone have any LEFT especially in thier inventory they want to sell?

Or a known alternative solution?

Thanks!

Joel Sass

Feb 13, 2024, 9:05:53 AMFeb 13
to s n, 323gtx
I would recommend calling Detroit Axle. They may be able to manufacture new parts for you. They are able to produce most parts at their factory.

Scott Forrest

Feb 14, 2024, 7:36:41 PMFeb 14
to Joel Sass, s n, 323gtx

Nate Kappen

Feb 14, 2024, 8:53:08 PMFeb 14
to Scott Forrest, Joel Sass, s n, 323gtx
I forget which I used, but I have the part numbers saved somewhere.  There are off the shelf options, maybe for a BG 323, that work.

nowi...@yahoo.com

Feb 15, 2024, 8:08:35 AMFeb 15
to Nate Kappen, Scott Forrest, Joel Sass, 323gtx

Nate, if you could find those PN I would appreciate it.  For reference I ordered a non power rack tie rod end Mazda OEM part to see the difference or if it could be used.  Nonetheless, I didn’t want to disable the car right now with the rack apart and sourcing a Where’s Waldo part.  Thanks!

nowi...@yahoo.com

Feb 15, 2024, 8:21:17 AMFeb 15
to Scott Forrest, Joel Sass, 323gtx

Scott, I “ordered” the ONE left inner tie rod end shown on the Ellis website.  We will see if they actually have it, as I have been denied “available” parts many times before.  Thanks for prodding me.

Feb 19, 2024, 10:44:20 AMFeb 19
to 323gtx
So as I expected, Jim Ellis just sent a note the inner tie rod ends are "Retired" and NLA.  I will have to take the front end apart when I get space to layup the car for some time, and take it to Detroit Axle.  Or source from a Tracer or Escort or somewhere....

Nate Kappen

Feb 20, 2024, 6:38:56 PMFeb 20
to s n, 323gtx
Inner tie rods are MEV224/225.  Outer tie rods I couldn't find the part number for, but they were definitely off the shelf and available, I think they are for a normal 323 BG FWD.  The outers they list on rock auto for GTX do not fit, the size and taper is all wrong.

323inners.jpg

nowi...@yahoo.com

Feb 20, 2024, 9:48:06 PMFeb 20
to Nate Kappen, 323gtx

Nate, thank you for the information.  As it is I have one of the right side inners, and will order the left/driver side inner.  For reference – to all the good people on this GTX list, I am going to post an image of the passenger side inner from a power rack and the manual rack for comparison purposes.  The coarse thread and with the wrench flats is the GTX power rack 224 Moog part on the left, the fine thread without wrench flats is for a manual 323 rack.  Notice the PN on the Moog is close to the OEM Mazda part ending in 240.

The GTX needs the coarse threads.

Were any GTX sold in the US *without* power steering?

IMG_4356.JPG
IMG_4357.JPG