2021 NZL National Championship 3.7 Class

Secretary 3-7 Class

Mar 2, 2021, 10:53:32 PM3/2/21
to 3-7C...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

For the people not on facebook, report and results for the contest are here: https://www.3-7class.org.nz/2021.html

A nice article published by Wakatere and Yachting NZ is here:

https://www.yachtingnz.org.nz/news/snow-hansen-shows-dad-how-its-done?fbclid=IwAR0w05vvV5rnNe7xVe2kMhdCxR2wbgg3Hd01ESQ3fHRkGyabghR0uKm4zz8

Lots of great photos were taken by Northland Sailing Academy but these photos seem to be only on facebook here:

https://www.facebook.com/Northland-Sailing-Academy-302130320449844/

However they also took some drone video footage here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtAUchLbfEQ

What is next?

Well we have often raced in race April at Pt Chev for the “Auckland Champs”, and we have been invited to attend a BoIYC regatta (Waitangi) on 1st and 2nd of May. If you are interested in more details and possibly interested in attending please indicate support here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EOXexKP_tsZ8d7wctdpl5hocdzIjmF2cFmLyAj2ZxLM/edit#gid=2141920533

We’ll work on more details according to support/interest..

The BoIYC regatta will have schools competing and will be great exposure for the class. So that event seems really ideal (?). If we had a good turnout of say 10 boats or more this event could be used for our North Island Champs since we have not yet raced NI Champs this season. Pt Chev is good because it is open to the SW and NW and usually has flat water.

Let’s have a cup of tea and a lie down to recover from the contest but later in March it is currently empty. Anyone can post/suggest an event to add to the calendar, if more than 5 boats are going to attend then it becomes a “go”. We only ‘manage’ things when events clash or are too close together detracting from each other.

Cheers

Chris

Chris Mitchell
3.7 Class Owners Association