WAITARA REGATTA 27th and 28th January. Get there!

Paul Moriarty

Jan 7, 2024, 7:36:22 PMJan 7
to 3-7c...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Fast approaching  - THE WAITARA REGATTA!  27th and 28th January.  Get there!

(bad scheduling with Auckland anniversary regatta but on a positive those wishing to venture over the Bombay hills you have an extra day up your sleeve for travelling..)

Now surely you've all heard about the Sail GP -1 million dollar race.?  Well its not quite a million but this year we are doing the $100 dollar race! This will be an extra prize awarded to the sailor that wins the final race of Saturdays racing. Waitara is the perfect place to do this kind of race as the challenging conditions of the river let sailors who don't aren't often at the front of the pack get a taste of winning. Prizes will still be awarded for the overall series results and the chance to be dubbed "King (or Queenof the River"

Last year we had 13 farr 3.7's competing making it the biggest 3.7 regatta excluding the national champs.

For Travellers:

Camping around the clubhouse on the reserve is welcomed, or feel free to put a mattress on the floor of the clubrooms if you don't have a tent. Some local club members will camp the night at the club instead of driving home. Good surf beach 5mins walk from the yacht club at the river mouth.
If camping isn't your thing reach out and I'm sure we can find you a bed for the duration of the  regatta.

You can rig up your boat on the Friday evening. We will open the bar and a bottle of rum / We will make sure any travellers are fed on Friday night when they arrive! - Ian Arm's (self appointed yacht club chef) is talking white bait fritters and crayfish for starters.

There will be a BBQ Saturday night at the club followed by a few lemonades)

We sail on the river 2 hrs either side of high tide so the sailing conditions are in calm sheltered waters, Entry fee is only $25 you can just enter on the day, but bring cash.

link to see last years regatta report - https://groups.google.com/g/3-7class/c/HRAWpgbpcPk

Find notice of race and sailing instructions attached

If you have any questions or need any help please feel free to contact

Paul Moriarty - 0273199586

Please let us know if you are intending to come so we can host you properly -

See you all there!

Paul and the Taranaki Farr Squadron

Regatta NOR 2024.doc
Regatta Sailing Instructions 2024.pdf