MU does not appeal, accepts Casemiro's absence

Live football on TV

Feb 8, 2023, 5:30:24 AM2/8/23
to 2sport - Live football on tv today
Coach Erik ten Hag said MU did not appeal Casemiro's red card and accepted to lose the midfielder in the next three matches.

MU does not appeal Casemiro's red card

Casemiro's red card in the match against Crystal Palace caused a lot of controversy. The Brazilian midfielder was accused of strangling the opponent's player and received a direct red card. Casemiro's penalty is a three-match ban.

In fact, MU completely has the right to appeal to the Premier League to mitigate the penalty that Casemiro must receive. However, coach Erik ten Hag said Man Utd will not appeal.

Sharing before the match against Leeds, he said: " Considering an appeal for Casemiro? We have thought of this possibility. For me, it is not the right decision for Casemiro to receive a red card. However, I do not think We have a chance to reverse this ban."

mu_khong_khang_cao_chap_nhan_de_casemiro_vang_mat.jpg
MU does not appeal Casemiro's punishment

Casemiro's penalty will be applied to matches in the Premier League . The former Real Madrid midfielder will be suspended for two matches against Leeds on February 9 and 12. Casemiro can only return after the match against Leicester on February 19.

The absence of Casemiro is a significant loss for MU. The Brazilian player is one of the most important names in coach Erik ten Hag's scheme. In the last match Casemiro was absent, MU lost to Arsenal with a score of 2-3.

Injury storms are also sweeping the Man Utd squad. Besides the two long-term injuries of Eriksen and van de Beek, McTominay is also injured. Maybe coach Erik ten Hag will use Sabitzer from the beginning in the next matches.