What are people using for provisioning?

fred

Mar 22, 2017, 6:01:53 PM3/22/17
to 2600hz-dev
As far as I can tell, 2600hz is only offering a commercial provisioner with monster and v4.  What alternatives do I have?

Currently looking at bolting on Provisioner.

Any other recommendations?  Obviously I would prefer a ready made solution that integrated with Monster.  Using Provisioner is going to probably be a bunch of work to get it integrated and working properly.

Admin

Mar 22, 2017, 10:03:53 PM3/22/17
to 2600hz-dev
I believe this is the provisioner that some have warned to stay away from due to lack of security.

Andre S.

Mar 24, 2017, 8:32:34 PM3/24/17
to 2600hz-dev
We have a python script that pulls devices from the API, matches them to users and then builds configs based on the MAC address (can tell if Yealink, Polycom, or Cisco). We're going to create version 2 and integrate it into SmartPBX so users can set some options per device, or possibly edit the auto config file per device from Monster-UI.

I'll likely switch to 2600hz support when we can afford their support and provisioning licensing, however so far it's been trivial for our in-house developer as our config files are simple. 2600hz's provisioner is amazing and has all the options you could want - support them if you can afford it.

fred

Mar 25, 2017, 11:16:51 AM3/25/17
to 2600hz-dev

I guess this is the best community solution at the moment.  No idea if it's any good.  Will give it a shot I guess.

fred

Mar 25, 2017, 11:16:51 AM3/25/17
to 2600hz-dev
I would have no problem buying a license and supporting 2600hz when the time is right.  Like you, it is cost prohibitive for us at the moment.

Anthony

Mar 26, 2017, 11:01:27 AM3/26/17
to 2600hz-dev
I have that one Fred.
--

þGo Green. Please consider our Planet before printing your documents.P
*COMPANY CONFIDENTIAL:* This email and any files transmitted with it are

Yuriy Nasida

Mar 27, 2017, 1:06:41 PM3/27/17
to 2600h...@googlegroups.com
I also was looking at https://github.com/urueedi/kazoo-provision and noted a lot of pain in feedbacks from people who tried to install and use it.
Does anyone have a successful experience with urueedi + kazoo v.4 ?

Also... I would like too use my own kazoo installation but with commercial 2600hz autoprovisioner. Is it possible ?

Andre Soileau

Mar 27, 2017, 1:28:35 PM3/27/17
to 2600h...@googlegroups.com
Yuriy you can use your own cluster with 2600hz however it requires a support license and auto-provisioning license per handset. I believe you can email sa...@2600hz.com to get a quote.

Darren Schreiber

Mar 27, 2017, 1:29:05 PM3/27/17
to 2600h...@googlegroups.com

This is correct. You can use provisioner w/ the open-source version, and it’s pretty inexpensive to do so. Drop a note to sales. sa...@2600hz.com

Andre Soileau

Mar 27, 2017, 1:56:48 PM3/27/17
to 2600h...@googlegroups.com
Darren, I've contacted sales before and was told I needed a complete support package to license provisioner. Has that changed? I'd love to license provisioner independently if it's an option even if that meant limited or only community/irc support.

Darren Schreiber

Mar 27, 2017, 1:59:03 PM3/27/17
to 2600h...@googlegroups.com

Andre,

                Yes, we’re working on an app exchange that’s available to open-source and hosted customers, that was always the intent since day 1. We’re working on publishing all the details about that but not quite there (we have to make sure we can actually do everything we promise before announcing it).

                But provisioner can now be done independently as a hosted service, since we don’t need to worry about how to package it up. So that is available, without a support contract

Andre Soileau

Mar 27, 2017, 2:02:38 PM3/27/17
to 2600h...@googlegroups.com
That's fantastic news Darren, and very appreciated. I appreciate the opportunities you and Patrick have given us small businesses.

I'll reach out to sales again to obtain pricing and sign up.

fred

Mar 27, 2017, 6:31:39 PM3/27/17
to 2600hz-dev
I have it working with Kazoo v4 using Monster UI.  You have to use their modified Monster UI.  It's about 1 year old.  I am currently trying to merge the latest Monster UI with their provisioner modifications.  It should not be a problem, just taking some time to go through all the changes.

fred

Mar 27, 2017, 6:31:40 PM3/27/17
to 2600hz-dev, dschr...@2600hz.com
I could be wrong but I think it came out to several hundreds of dollars a month.  Probably because it required the support package.  Is that considered inexpensive?

Darren Schreiber

Mar 27, 2017, 6:32:19 PM3/27/17
to fred, 2600hz-dev

We no longer require a support contract to get it. So, no, cheaper than what you’re describing, by a lot.

fred

Mar 27, 2017, 7:40:31 PM3/27/17
to 2600hz-dev, shad...@hotmail.com, dschr...@2600hz.com
I was also told there was a massive set up fee.  Thousands of dollars.

Darren Schreiber

Mar 27, 2017, 7:40:46 PM3/27/17
to fred, 2600hz-dev

Nope, old news. Guess you haven’t called in a while ;-)

fred

Mar 27, 2017, 7:43:27 PM3/27/17
to 2600hz-dev, shad...@hotmail.com, dschr...@2600hz.com
Thanks for the info Darren.  I'll look into it again.

Yuriy Nasida

Mar 28, 2017, 2:33:02 PM3/28/17
to 2600h...@googlegroups.com, shad...@hotmail.com, dschr...@2600hz.com
I  just got answer about cost from sa...@2600hz.com. I probably should not share this information here but connection fee looks unbelievable expensive. At least I suppose this will be much cheaper to fix community's variant.

Andre Soileau

Mar 28, 2017, 3:15:20 PM3/28/17
to 2600h...@googlegroups.com, shad...@hotmail.com, dschr...@2600hz.com
Yuriy, I received a high initial cost however looks like Darren waived his wand and pricing looks unbelievably good. Thank you Darren!

Darren Schreiber

Mar 28, 2017, 3:16:19 PM3/28/17
to Andre Soileau, 2600h...@googlegroups.com

I literally did nothing of the sort.

You called sales. The numbers didn’t work for you. They asked you what did, and you found a solution. Standard process

The reality is some people value one thing, some value another. We can’t be cheap everywhere on everything for everyone because, well, costs money to run all this stuff, but if you can find a way to make the #s work, then we can , too. And that’s what you did.

I literally said nothing- I heard about the end result after-the-fact.

Yuriy Nasida

Mar 28, 2017, 3:17:02 PM3/28/17
to 2600h...@googlegroups.com, shad...@hotmail.com, dschr...@2600hz.com
Wow, I just got email that there's promo code for this month and this way it can be done without connection fee! Now it really looks great.

Andre Soileau

Mar 28, 2017, 3:20:24 PM3/28/17
to Darren Schreiber, 2600h...@googlegroups.com
Darren, I meant no offense. I actually think the setup fee is completely reasonable and the cost per device plus support requirement was what was holding me off last year as I'm only beginning to grow my VoIP side of business. With the setup fee plus the drop in device cost, plus no support requirement, it's truly a generous deal.

Anthony Manzella

Mar 28, 2017, 3:20:25 PM3/28/17
to 2600h...@googlegroups.com, shad...@hotmail.com, dschr...@2600hz.com
I'm waiting on sales to get back to me on Provisioner. Emailed yesterday.

Thanks,
Anthony Manzella
Founder & CEO
Zella Technologies, LLC.
Phone:     (985) 520-4824
Email:       Ant...@ZellaTech.com
Cloud Solutions|Unlimited SIP Trunks|Managed Services|Nationwide On-Site Techs|Hosted PBX|More...

Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to 2600hz-dev+...@googlegroups.com.

þGo Green. Please consider our Planet before printing your documents.P
COMPANY CONFIDENTIAL: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient(s), you are notified that you have received this message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please delete this message and notify the sender immediately. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Darren Schreiber

Mar 28, 2017, 3:23:11 PM3/28/17
to Andre Soileau, 2600h...@googlegroups.com

Haha I did not mean I was offended.

I think this is great. Frankly, the problem before was that you had to have support because there was no way not to – things were too complicated, required support, etc. so we kind of had to

But we’ve had these tools long enough, they work, should be able to start piece-mealing the license fees / hosting costs / etc. so that’s what we’re starting to do.

More announcements on that once we have our act together fully on it.

Andre Soileau

Mar 28, 2017, 3:23:32 PM3/28/17
to 2600h...@googlegroups.com, shad...@hotmail.com, dschr...@2600hz.com
Anthony, I believe with their Mobile announcement yesterday sales is very very busy so I expect you'll hear from them soon.

[...]
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of the Company. or its subsidiaries shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

Tomcar

Jun 23, 2017, 2:19:38 AM6/23/17
to 2600hz-dev
Hi!

What's the status on the device provisioner for self hosted platform?
In the last VoIP Users Conference podcast (https://youtu.be/ZrEsdUTeyt4) Darren shows it and says it is open source and downloadable, but I can't find it...

Please help!

Br Tomas

Darren Schreiber

Jun 23, 2017, 2:20:58 AM6/23/17
to 2600h...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,
That was not my impression, the goal was that SmartPBX is open and downloadable. It also works with provisioner, but that is still hosted. However, we are starting to allow self-serve to use the hosted version for a small fee. I am working on getting that info and content up on the web. It’s an easy way to support the project inexpensively while getting a fairly big functional bonus.

I have two orders for it from open-source folks already but discovered I don’t have the procedures written up for our staff on how to bill or maintain it, so we kindof paused it temporarily while we work on that (that was what all the talk of the app store was about in the VUC)