Call parking delay

Anthony

Jun 27, 2017, 6:59:03 PM6/27/17
to 2600hz-dev
When parking a call it's very delayed. Example I'm on a call and hit park (*3101) it takes about 5 seconds or more to park it. Then when I go to another phone to grab the call, I hit park (*3101) it takes about 10 seconds before it connects the call.

What logs are needed to troubleshoot?
--

þGo Green. Please consider our Planet before printing your documents.P
*COMPANY CONFIDENTIAL:* This email and any files transmitted with it are

fred

Jun 27, 2017, 9:40:06 PM6/27/17
to 2600hz-dev
Have you tried watching freeswitch console while call parking?

fs_cli

In addition to debug kazoo logs
sup kazoo_maintenance syslog_level debug

With the logs located at /opt/kazoo/log/kazoo.log

Anthony

Jun 28, 2017, 12:29:46 AM6/28/17
to 2600hz-dev
Inside of fs_cli, I do see the following

2017-06-28 04:21:02.399918 [WARNING] sofia_reg.c:1742 SIP auth challenge (INVITE) on sofia profile 'sipinterface_1' for [*3106@**.***.com] from ip *****

I don't see this any other time except when I try to pick up a call on Park.

Also, the BLF is stuck showing the Parked phone number.

Everything else works fine, transferring calls are quick and normal, voicemail, everything. Only park has an issue.
COMPANY CONFIDENTIAL: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient(s), you are notified that you have received this message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please delete this message and notify the sender immediately. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Anthony

Jun 29, 2017, 4:12:25 PM6/29/17
to 2600hz-dev
This is still happening on v4. If I do *3 to park and *3101 to pick up the call, its about an 8 second delay before it connects on the pick up.

If I park the call using *4 and pick up using *5101, it's only about a 3 second delay. This is fine, but my problem now is making BLF work with this. I have set my phone to monitor *5101 but it never flashes. BLF only works using *3101.

Parking is killing me right now. Any help would be much appreciated!

Luis Azedo

Jun 29, 2017, 4:29:39 PM6/29/17
to 2600h...@googlegroups.com
enable fast pickup

Anthony Manzella

Jun 29, 2017, 4:44:23 PM6/29/17
to 2600h...@googlegroups.com
Where do I enable this?

Thanks,
Anthony

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "2600hz-dev" group.

Anthony

Jun 29, 2017, 10:27:54 PM6/29/17
to 2600hz-dev
Luis,

It looks like I already have this enabled in Kamailio..... when I look at the local.cfg file, the following exist

## Enabled Roles
#!trydef DISPATCHER-ROLE
#!trydef NAT-TRAVERSAL-ROLE
#!trydef REGISTRAR-ROLE
#!trydef PRESENCE-ROLE
#!trydef RESPONDER-ROLE
#!trydef NODES-ROLE
#!trydef FAST_PICKUP-ROLE

Am I missing something?
enable fast pickup

fred

Jun 30, 2017, 11:09:54 AM6/30/17
to 2600hz-dev
It might help if you posted the debug kazoo logs.
Message has been deleted

Anthony

Jun 30, 2017, 4:39:34 PM6/30/17
to 2600hz-dev
Sorry, I noticed I missed something in the first log that I needed to scrub out :) Here is the log with the scrub
CallParkLogOnPickup.txt

Jordan

Jul 2, 2017, 11:17:12 PM7/2/17
to 2600hz-dev
We suffer from similar issues with our Kazoo 3.22 cluster, what are the down sides of enabling fast pickup?

Why would this not be enabled by default?

Thanks,
Jordan.

Anthony

Jul 4, 2017, 11:39:46 PM7/4/17
to 2600hz-dev
Update:

Disabling fast pickup solved the problem. The grandstream phones did not play well with fast pickup enabled. Now picking up the call from park is almost instant.

Luis Azedo

Jul 4, 2017, 11:41:58 PM7/4/17
to 2600h...@googlegroups.com
you may have problems either with firmware or configuration in your grandstream

Anthony Manzella

Luis Azedo

Jul 5, 2017, 1:15:00 AM7/5/17
to 2600h...@googlegroups.com
no if you're using only 1 freeswitch

[...]
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of the Company. or its subsidiaries shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

Anthony Manzella

Jul 5, 2017, 1:58:39 AM7/5/17
to 2600h...@googlegroups.com
I use two.... what issues will it cause?

Thanks,
Anthony Manzella

Jordan

Jul 5, 2017, 11:02:34 AM7/5/17
to 2600hz-dev
We also use 2 FS servers, with Fast Pickup enabled our Call Park pickup times have reduced from 8-10 seconds down to 2-3 seconds on Grandstream GXP21xx handsets firmware version 1.0.8.49

Interested to know what the potential downsides are.

Thanks,
Jordan
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to 2600hz-dev+...@googlegroups.com.

[...]

Anthony J. Manzella III

Jul 5, 2017, 11:41:28 AM7/5/17
to 2600h...@googlegroups.com
Jordan,

So your time decreased with Fast Pickup enabled? It's the opposite for me. When enabled, its 8-10 second delay. Disabled, its only 2 seconds. I'm also using 21xx models and have tried the same firmware.

Anthony Manzella