Latest stupidity from Microsoft

ad...@reviews.wox.org

May 7, 2021, 12:22:41 AM5/7/21
to 2600 Australia
So I have my PC set to dual boot windows 10 and XP, xp i use
for file recovery as you can turn off automount, readyboost
profiling and a few other stupid things to preserve the
integrity of the media being recovered...  while in 10 it
tries to write stupid shit ranging from the file indexer,
readyboost profiling the media and even a system restore
point folder the moment  you slot it in.

As of my last windows 10 update, it has broken my XP boot
loader.   Which is ironic, as I recently used XP to clone my
disk to my new SSD, and it was working just fine until i
installed windows10 (20h2) this week.

YMMV  but if you have anything important in XP, might want
to back it up while it still boots before pushing the
lastest update in.

--
New and improved 2600... well.. ..we drew on some flames and polished it a bit..